Top 5 3D Printers for Automotive Engineers to Produce Vehicles
Nowadays we associate 3D printing with almost all the industries starting from photography to molecular engineering. Will it Become the Technology of the Future ? The answer is “Certainly!” Well, let’s observe what gifts 3D technology may give to the automotive industry.
3D printing technology brings only advantages for automotive and racing spheres. First of all, it removes much of the financial expenses associated with traditional vehicle manufacturing. Through 3D printing, vehicle components may be tested, modified, and printed in a matter of days not months. This technology truly revolutionizes design and prototyping.
The last is usually an expensive and long process that includes a series of re-manufacture of vehicle parts for testing. For instance, metal constituents require development, casting, improving, and re-casting. However, with 3D printing, car components may be tested and re-printed before a casting procedure is even supposed to happen. That minimizes production cycle time.
That is why automotive engineers badly need this technology in their daily routine to prove top-performance in this industry.
Pluses of 3D Printing in the Automotive Industry
Here, let’s focus on key bonuses 3D printers provide with automotive engineers :
· High quality and speed of prototypes;
· The opportunity to design large prototypes made of strong materials like Ultem;
· Improved manufacture with optimized tools;
· Time minimization of design followed by functional testing;
· Higher communication level and earlier feedback in the production cycle;
· Budget saving in automotive documentation and warehousing.
Ok, we’ve decided on the advantages of using 3D printers. But the point is that nowadays the market suggests a huge variety of these machines. How to choose the best one that ideally fits a certain professional? With the top 5 3D printers depicted in this article, it will be simpler for an automotive specialist to find the solution. They are going to get acquainted with the most breathtaking devices that exist on the market.
Super Powerful Airwolf 3D Printer
Number one in our list is the Airwolf 3D printer that is considered perfect for automobile design. This printer was created to deeply understand the unique demands of the automotive industry, such as reliability, speed, and versatility. The most unbelievable fact about Airwolf machines is that they were used to build Saabs and Porsches! Both manufacturers who produce luxurious vehicles acknowledged Airwolf as the best 3D solution for speedy automotive prototyping. Go on to discover why it is a dream for many automotive engineers to use:
· Huge construction envelopes provide automotive designers with the ability to 3D print car components with the sizing as of thirty centimeters in length and width;
· It is possible to choose between rapid car models with excellent definition and slower models with a simpler degree of definition due to Airwolf’s interchangeable nozzles with 0.35/0.50 orifices;
· The patented hot end (jam resistant) allows 3D printing in an impressively wide range (more than thirty!) of material. Engineers are free to demonstrate limitless solutions for the vehicle fit, function, and component’s form;
· Finally, Airwolf is a reasonable alternative to expensive commercial 3D printers due to its sensible price. This allows companies to place Airwolf on each desk of twenty automotive designers for the same price of purchasing one large 3D machine. Engineers may speed up the construction cycle at their own workplace. No more waiting in queue to share the only expensive printer!
Extremely Effective 3D Printers by PRODWAYS GROUP
PRODWAYS GROUP is a famous European manufacturer of 3D printers. Automotive engineers worldwide enjoy a broad spectrum of 3D printing systems suggested by the company. The portfolio involves:
· Plastic Laser Sintering SLS 3D printer;
· Plastic DLP MovingLight 3D printer;
· Ceramic DLP MovingLight 3D printing system.
Why do professionals love 3D printers by PRODWAYS GROUP?
There appears the opportunity to develop automotive components with compound geometry. It would be almost impossible to design such parts via traditional methods. The above-mentioned 3D printer options suggest an innovative approach to create small runs of customized constituents for cars. They empower the parts with such benefits as increased energy efficiency, small weight, and minimizing CO2 emissions of cars.
The printers offer wonderful thermal stability for great mechanical features. Moreover, engineers may use the printers to work with different production materials (including high-performance PA6) that ideally suit a wide range of applications. The technology is especially ideal to design plastic vehicle parts that include aerators, clipping elements, door handles, and so on.
Revolutionary EnvisionTEC 3D Printers
Meet EnvisionTEC 3D printing technology! Firstly, let’s check a rich model line of the company’s 3D printers (we bet, it can satisfy the most capricious automotive engineer):
· Envision One CDLM Mechanical;
· PerFactory P4K Series;
· UV Curing Apparatus XEDE (UVCA 3000);
· PWA 2000;
· UV Curing Apparatus (UVCA 2000);
· Ultra 3SP HD;
· SLCOM 1;
· XEDE 3SP.
There is no need to look at those models in detail as all of them are worth a brochure but not just a small article (it is better to check the manufacturer’s official website for that). Let’s just consider their bonuses now.
Well-known automotive companies (Siemens, BMW, etc.) use the above-mentioned printers for prototypes, auto show parts, fixtures, jigs, molds, fasteners, and, of course, their design verification. EnvisionTEC’s engineering team includes talented specialists who have been working in the industry for decades. Their experience is a background for creating 3D printers that may build the objects starting from functional gears, pumps, and valves to end effectors and fasteners.
New Generation of ZEAL 3D Printers
Every model of Australian ZEAL 3D printers is an ideal workhorse for young automotive start-uppers who desire to start a new journey of exploration. Automotive engineers that currently possess a little experience in the industry, find the following models their ideal companions at work:
· UP Plus 2 3D Printer;
· X5 Contin-U-Print 3D Printer;
· UP MINI 2ES 3D Printer;
· UP Box+ 3D Printer;
· UP300 3D Printer.
All their wonderful specifications are brightly demonstrated on the ZEAL official website . There is also an option to place the order for the model you find the best one for your work needs. An automotive engineer may choose from a large ZEAL 3D printer to a compact device for your home experiments with their own car.
The automotive industry is fond of ZEAL 3D printers because they are among the best ones to produce light-weight, durable components at a low cost. Moreover, ZEAL devices assist automotive manufacturing companies with additive production where they couldn’t manufacture one-off constituents on a large scale. The company states that any component of a vehicle may be 3D printed via their devices. Are you intrigued now? Most probably the time has come for you to buy the printer and start intensive testing to check the company’s statement, agree?
Ultimaker Printers for Automotive Challenges
Finally, we have come to the final point in our list of top 5 3D printers that come in handy for automotive engineers. It is about a super functional scale of Ultimaker printers that consist of the following models:
· Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle;
· Ultimaker S5;
· Ultimaker S3;
· Ultimaker 3;
· Ultimaker 2+.
All of those 3D printing machines possess the following features:
· Compatible with composites and third-party filaments;
· Suitable for carbon fiber filament and high-strength glass;
· Provide ongoing printing with material switching in automatic mode;
· Storage of materials with the function as of humidity control;
· Enclosed construction chamber with efficiency particle air filter takes away around ninety-five percent of UFPs (ultrafine particles).
Additionally, Ultimaker 3D printers have such functions as automatic build plate leveling, hot-swappable print cores, near-field communication spool recognition, and dual extrusion system. Those pluses allow automotive experts to print complex geometries with repeatability and high uptime.